- Eggs scrambled with onion and kale served with half an avocado
- Or baked eggs
- Or courgette/seed pancakes with avocado salsa + bacon
- Fruit: half a punnet of raspberries or an apple
- Soft boiled eggs + grilled asparagus to dip
- Or baked sweet potato with ham + grated carrot/celeriac/paleo coleslaw + salad + avocado or tuna + paleo mayo
- Main: Pork medallions with homemade apple sauce (no added sugar) and roasted veg (using your pork tenderloin left from last week)
- Pudding: Half a melon
Optional: Make Courgette, Tomato and Bacon Slice to have for lunches this week (recipe below).
Baked Eggs – 20 minutes to prepare
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 rashers of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/180 fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the spinach in a colander or sieve and pour over boiling water to wilt it. Squeeze out the excess water using the back of a spoon and then place the spinach in the bottom of two ramekins.
- Place the chopped tomatoes on top of the spinach. Season well.
- Make a bit of a well on top of the spinach and tomatoes and crack an egg into each ramekin.
- Using scissors, spin the bacon into small pieces and scatter over each ramekin.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on how you like your egg cooked.
- Add chopped ham in with the tomatoes instead of using bacon on top.
- Instead of using bacon, fry some chopped cooking chorizo in a little olive oil and then mix in with the tomatoes and some chilli flakes.
- Use shredded ham hock underneath the eggs and drizzle the eggs with a little truffle oil before serving.
Courgette pancakes – 5-10 minutes to prepare
- 1 courgette, grated (you can also swap this for carrot or use a mixture of both)
- Optional: 1 chopped spring onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: 1 tbsp. chopped mixed seeds (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin etc.)
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and beat together.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add about 1 tbsp. of the mixture to the pan per pancake, fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown on the bottom. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with bacon, ham or chopped tomatoes and avocado. Sometimes I finely chop some ham and add it to the mixture before frying.