- Scrambled/fried/poached eggs, tinned or fresh tomatoes, bacon + extra veggies such as spinach
- Or courgette/seed pancakes with avocado salsa + bacon/ham
- Fruit: half a punnet of raspberries or an apple
- Soft boiled eggs + grilled asparagus to dip
- Or smoked salmon with capers & shallots + watercress & avocado salad
- Or baked sweet potato with ham/tuna + grated carrot/celeriac/paleo coleslaw + salad + avocado + paleo mayo
- Main: Chicken legs baked with fresh tomatoes and herbs + avocado & green salad + cauliflower mash. If you are on a budget you could use chicken wings instead of legs.
- Pudding: Half a melon
- 1 courgette, grated (you can also swap this for carrot or use a mixture of both)
- Optional: 1 chopped spring onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: 1 tbsp. chopped mixed seeds (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin etc.)
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and beat together.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add about 1 tbsp. of the mixture to the pan per pancake, fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown on the bottom. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with bacon, ham or chopped tomatoes and avocado. Sometimes I finely chop some ham and add it to the mixture before frying.
This is a really simple & quick recipe to prepare, takes a little while to cook but always comes out delicious! You can prepare this the night before or in the morning then you just need to pop in the oven when you get in from work.
- Chicken legs or thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- A mix of your favourite fresh herbs like thyme, parsley, oregano
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs or oregano
- 2-3 crushed garlic cloves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/gas 4.
- Place the tomatoes and chopped onion in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Season your chicken pieces and place on top of the tomatoes.
- Scatter on top the crushed garlic and fresh and dried herbs and drizzle over some balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season everything well.
- Place in the oven for 1-1½ hours, until the chicken skin is crisp and the meat falls off the bone.
- To cook this in the slow cooker, brown the chicken legs completely in a frying pan. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker with the chicken legs on top. Turn on low for 8 hours.
Serve with a large green salad with avocado, and some cauliflower mash (or other alternative mash).
This is a really nice alternative to mashed potato. One cauliflower will be enough for 2-3 people
- 1 cauliflower
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chop up the cauliflower florets and boil for 20 minutes (it needs this long to become a nice mash texture). Drain the florets and allow to stand for a couple of minutes so any excess moisture steams away.
- Puree in a blender/food processor with ghee, olive oil, salt and pepper. (You can also mash by hand but the texture will not be as similar to mashed potatoes).