- Omelette made with your choice of mushrooms/onions/spinach/tomato/ham/bacon + half an avocado
- Or paleo granola + coconut yogurt/coconut milk/homemade nut milk
- Fruit: Grapefruit or orange
- Chicken goujons (ground almond or sesame flour and spices for coating) with paleo coleslaw and green salad
- Or frittata or courgette, bacon & tomato slice with paleo coleslaw + salad
- Main: Prawns with tomatoes, chilli, garlic, lemon & parsley with courgette spaghetti
- Pudding: Banana – bake in the oven for 20 mins with ghee or coconut oil, cinnamon and nutmeg for more of a “dessert” or drizzle with cashew nut butter
Tomorrow’s Meals – if you want to make cashew cream you need to soak the cashews for around 6 hours – you could do this first thing tomorrow morning.
Paleo Chicken Goujons
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (or 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs)
- 1 egg
- 50g Sukrin sesame flour (or use ground almonds)
- Optional: 50g sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika or smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Duck or goose fat for frying
- Cut the chicken breasts/thighs into strips each about the size of a big finger, to give goujon shapes. Beat the egg in a small bowl. Mix the sesame flour, sesame seeds, cumin and paprika in another bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches to ensure they don’t stick together, dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then in the sesame flour mixture to coat. Shake off any excess flour.
- In a large frying pan heat the duck or goose fat and fry the goujons for 3-4 minutes per side, or until crisp, golden and cooked through. Check they are cooked through by cutting in to one; there should not be any pink meat. Drain well on kitchen paper.
Prawns with tomatoes, chilli, garlic, lemon & parsley
- Olive oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 150-200g jumbo prawns
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 bag rocket
- 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Zest the lemon and put to one side.
- Add the olive oil to the pan then add the chilli and garlic.
- As soon as the garlic turns golden add the prawns and cherry tomatoes to the pan, cook for a couple of minutes stirring continuously so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the tomato puree to the pan then squeeze in the juice of half the lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bag of rocket and stir through until wilted.
- Serve the prawns over courgette spaghetti (or cauliflower rice). Sprinkle over the fresh parsley and the lemon zest.