Cabbage & Spinach Pancakes
- 1/2 small head white/green cabbage, very thinly sliced
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- Handful of kale leaves, stalks removed and leaves cut into thin ribbons
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Unrefined sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. paleo-friendly flour such as coconut flour or ground almonds, you could also use ground flaxseeds/linseed
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Optional: chopped fresh herbs such as basil or parsley
- Fat for frying
- Toss cabbage, spinach, kale, spring onions and fresh herbs if using together in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the mixture with the flour so it coats all of the vegetables.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Coat the bottom with oil and heat that too.To make small pancakes, you can use tongs to deposit the batter in the pan to form 3 to 4 pancakes.
- Press down gently with a spatula so they flatten slightly, but no need to spread them much. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the edges brown. Flip the pancakes and cook
These are great for breakfast or lunch and can be made the night before and then taken in your lunch box for work the next day!
Prawn Stir fry
- 400g raw peeled prawns
- 3 Courgettes
- 2 Carrots
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of button mushrooms
- Heaped tsp of Fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 White onion
- Handful fresh parsley or coriander finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Finely slice mushrooms & onions, finely chop chillies and red pepper, crush your garlic
- Mix the lime juice, parsley or coriander and ginger in a small bowl
- Peel the carrots and courgettes using a Julienne peeler or a standard peeler – you just get thicker ribbons of veg this way. (Discard the middle of courgette as this can become quite watery when cooking)
- Add some olive oil into a large wok, and put on a medium to high heat, add prawns and the lime mixture and cook for 5-7mins
- When prawns are nearly done add all other ingredients apart from carrot and courgette, cook through constantly stirring for a further 3-4mins
- Finally add the carrot and courgette and cook for a further 4 mins – ensure you keep stirring while they cook
- Serve immediately with some more chopped fresh parsley or coriander to garnish