- Scrambled eggs + ham, half an avocado
- Or green smoothie – spinach + lime juice + banana or mango + avocado + optional soaked cashew nuts
- Or coconut bircher muesli
- Fruit: half a punnet of blueberries
- Crudités with guacamole or paleo hummus + ham/chicken/turkey
- Or any salad with
- Green leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, peppers, carrot
- Chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, prawns, ham, boiled eggs
- Avocado, olives, dressing
- Main: Moroccan chicken stew in slow cooker or in a pan served with greens using leftover roast chicken
- Or Mexican-inspired chicken with guacamole, sweet potato wedges and salad using leftover roast chicken
- Pudding: Half a melon
- Large handful of spinach
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Half a banana
- Slice of mango
- Half an avocado
- Optional handful of soaked cashew nuts
Blend all the ingredients thoroughly and serve!
Coconut Bircher Muesli – leave to soak overnight
- ½ mug desiccated coconut
- Handful of goji berries
- Handful of mixed seeds
- Other dried fruit such as sultanas or raisins (optional)
- Roughly 1/2 tin (200ml) of full-fat additive-free coconut milk (or nut milk)
- 1 apple
- Mixed berries
- Chopped nuts
- Place the dessicated coconut, goji berries and seeds (plus any other dried fruit if you are using) in a bowl and just cover with milk (coconut or nut milk). Leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, grate an apple and stir into the bowl. Place into serving bowls, adding a little more coconut milk or nut milk if the consistency is too dry.
- Top with mixed berries and chopped nuts.
Moroccan Chicken Stew with Lemon and Olives
- Cooking fat of your choice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 skinless chicken breasts or skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped into chunks
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 300ml stock, hot, preferably homemade
- Grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon and 1 extra lemon cut into slices
- Handful each fresh mint and fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 25g small black or green olives
- Heat the fat in a large pan. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add most of the crushed garlic (reserving a teaspoon), ginger and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chicken, cinnamon, stock, lemon juice and lemon slices.
- Season, bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining garlic, lemon zest, mint and parsley to make a gremolata (a classic fresh herb flavouring). Set aside.
- Lift the cooked chicken onto a plate with a slotted spoon. Cover to keep hot. Increase the heat and boil the sauce for 10 minutes or until reduced by about half and well-flavoured.
- Return the chicken to the pan along with the olives and gremolata, and stir.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or mash and greens such as wilted spinach.