Monday Dinner: Vegetable Chilli
Serve with fresh rocket, guacamole and cauliflower rice or steamed green veggies.
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 400g tin chick peas
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. of tomato puree
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. of chilli powder
- Handful of fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Olive oil
- Wash and chop your veggies.
- Using a large saucepan, gently heat the olive oil on a medium heat, and then add the chopped carrots, onion, celery and sweet potato and sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the spices and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the peppers and chilli, and cook for a 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas once drained and stir in the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree
- Cook for a further 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.