Wednesday Lunch: Mushroom Soup
- 1 small handful dried porcini mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 600g mixed fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Unrefined sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock, preferably homemade
- 400ml tin additive-free coconut milk
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- Place the porcini in a small bowl, add boiling water just to cover, and leave to soak.
- In a large pan add a couple of tbsp. olive oil and the fresh mushrooms.
- Stir around very quickly for a minute, then add your garlic, onion and thyme.
- After about a minute you’ll notice moisture cooking out of the mushrooms and at this point add the porcini mushrooms. Strain the soaking liquid to remove any grit, and add it to the pan.
- Carry on cooking for about 20 minutes until most of the moisture disappears.
- Season to taste, and add your stock and coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup before serving, season to taste and sprinkle over the chopped fresh parsley.
Wednesday Dinner:Marinated Chilli Chicken Livers with Fried Potatoes
- 6x chicken livers, diced
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or crushed
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 5 potatoes, chopped in to small chunks.
- Handful of fresh basil and parsley, chopped
- Fresh coriander finely chopped
- of red wine vinegar
- of paprika
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Par boil the potatoes for 8-10 mins
- While they are cooking, dice up chicken livers and chop chillies, onion, garlic and peppers
- Add all ingredients except potatoes, eggs and spring onion to a mixing bowl and marinate for 20 minutes
- Put the potatoes in a shallow frying pan with a tbsp. of olive oil. Fry on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the marinated ingredients and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly,
- Add the spring onion, cook for a further 5 minutes or until the liver is cooked to your liking.
- Fry the eggs and serve on top of the liver and potatoes with a sprinkle of the fresh herbs.