Tuesday Lunch: Chicken & Basil Salad
- 100g raw baby spinach
- 2 cooked chicken breasts or leftover roast chicken, cut into pieces
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ tsp. unrefined sea salt
- ½ garlic clove
- Large handful of fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the raw spinach into two bowls. Add the chicken, tomatoes and cucumber.
- In a pestle and mortar grind the salt and garlic together until it forms a paste. Add the basil and grind down then add olive oil to make a loose dressing. You could also make this in a food processor by adding salt, basil and garlic to make a paste then drizzling olive oil through the top to make a loose dressing.
- Dress the salad with the basil oil dressing before serving.
Tuesday Dinner: Cod with Tomato & Spinach
- 2 cod fillets
- 100g spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 50g sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil
- Unrefined sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- Place the cod fillets on a foil lined baking tray, season, drizzle with some olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice and back in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cod is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, fry the shallots in a little olive oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down.
- Steam the spinach until wilted then dress with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve the cod fillets topped with wilted spinach and the tomato sauce.